Friday, July 4, 2008

My First Layout

Ha! No way is this my first layout, but it is my first layout with the July Kit from Tallyscrapper! The kit is designed by Leah and it shows! It is just so "her." And it made me want to just throw cute stuff on the page. So I hope that's what I did.

The Gutter Girlz challenge this week had to do with addictions. Well, I had just done a page about my lipstick addiction, but I am also fairly addicted to Coffee Mate Vanilla Caramel Sugar Free creamer. And my friend Jules had just done a page with a cute flower pot on it, and when you put it all together and stir, this is what you come up with:

It's not the best scan I've ever done. Probably should do a picture instead. hmmmm, maybe later.

And in case you think I have not been gettin' digi with it (oh my goodness I can't believe I even said that! Maybe I should backspace over all of this. But, no, I'll leave it. Let's be real.) I downloaded a template that I thought was REALLY cute from Kristin Aagard on her blog HERE
I've been a fan of her stuff since I saw it in a designer contest at Scrap Orchard, I think it was. Anyway, my page is so so so not as good as her examples, but here's what I did with it: And I learned that I am not very good with a template, but I enjoyed using it. So, thanks Kristin. Y'all go visit her blog and download this template, ya hear?

And so, I took my own challenge at A Scrappin Friendsy and made this page: It is simple, but I think the colors are so, so yummy! And, no, I didn't create the challenge so I could use this picture. It just so happened that the picture matched the jar of candy I bought at Tuesday Morning a few weeks ago, that matched Kim's ribbon, that inspired this picture:
that inspired my challenge.

Well, Happy Fourth of July to everyone! Happy Birthday to this great land of ours. Remember our precious freedoms and those who fight and have fought for them.

4 comments:

Mrs Pretzel said...

Love your GG page!! Can't wait to get my hot little hands on that kit!

{Shirley} said...

Woo Hoo Wanda!!
Congrats on being the Calendar Girl for July!!
LOVE the layout!! I remember you with your creamer in TN!!! LOL!

Kristin said...

I love your sun layout! The colors are so pretty and that photo is great! :)

Unknown said...

i super LOVE your layout girl! the kit looks AMAZING!