Thursday, March 4, 2010

Digital Creative Team Projects to Reveal!

We've been busy around the Pearcy household here lately. After my taking nearly two weeks to get well, Randy came down with the flu. He was quite miserable and sick for four or five days.

I had a birthday last weekend and turned....4*. Ugh. Hate getting older, but enjoyed a little extra attention and special fun times with friends! School has been busy; in fact today I worked almost twelve hours. To everyone out there who thinks that teachers work shorter days and have three months off in the summer: I average a nine-hour day with 25 minutes for lunch and barely enough time to take a restroom break. I get about 7 weeks off in the summer. I'm not complaining; not at all. I love my job. Can't imagine doing anything else. Love my students (most of the time) and love my subject matter. I just wanted to clear up that particular misconception.

Off that particular soapbox and on to the GOOD STUFF! I got to play with THIS kit by Designs by Krista and made these pages for my creative team assignment for Cookin' Up Creations:

I love the little stitched felt flowers in the kit, and the notebook paper. Other credits for this page about Mary Beth: ruler brush by Royanna Fritschman at Divine Digital; arrow doodle by "I Just Made This Today," staple by Calalily Designs; alpha from the Speed Freak collab kit by Kelly Jo and Rebecca B.


I love that she includes a "die cut" edged paper in her kits. I used it as a "clipping mask" on this geometric-patterned paper on this page. The alpha on this page is by Raspberry Road Designs.




On this page about Randy and me, I just piled up lots of elements to make a place for the photo to sit. I love that bird, don't you? This alpha is by Emily Farnsworth.



And for my last page, I used a template by Yin. I love how many photos I got on this page.



I really love all four of these pages and am enjoying creating with Krista's designs! You really MUST check her out HERE- she has great prices and cute, high-quality kits.

I am not going in to work tomorrow (long story) so I am planning to sleep late, work out, and go visit my aunt and my friend Doris.

Saturday we are hosting the Mississippi Indoor Association (indoor percussion groups and color guards) so we will be BUSY BUSY! Good luck RHS!

Whatever your plans are, I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow and a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

latte_grande said...

Beautiful pages, Pinky! You sure do rock the digi! :) Have a great weekend, and enjoy that color guard performance...should be a pretty amazing time, love me some marching band/color guard!

Babydoll said...

Great pages!! I hope you had a wonderful birthday. I hate I missed the dinner. I heard it was so much fun. :)