Friday, January 29, 2010

We Have a Winner!

From Cookin' Up Creations Winter Wonderland of Embellishments blog hop!

The winner of my crepe paper flower embellishment is KristaB.
She became a follower of my blog and commented on my post. Krista - send me your addy and I will send you your treat!

The second winner, who won by actually creating a crepe paper flower (she made two, and put them on a card) is Tamara! She will win a little package of goodies from me! Those goodies might include some Jenni Bowlin crepe paper ribbon!

And, lo and behold, I won a prize for participating! Wooo Hoooo! I am getting a $15 giftcard to the online store of my choice, and I am choosing a digi site. I can't decide WHERE, though. There are so many designers that I love and they are NOT all in the same place! Help me out!

Last night a group of teachers, myself included, were honored with a dinner at the nicest home I've ever seen! It was beautiful - almost castle-like. I can't describe it adequately, but suffice it to say that this house could make an episode of Cribs! We thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated our dinner, our tour of the house, and our Barnes and Noble gift cards. Thank you to Pinelake Baptist Church, Mr. Boozer, and the Madison County School District for a wonderful treat.

What I missed by going to the dinner, though, was the exhibition performance of the RHS Indoor Drumline, of which my daughters are a part. So, I am definitely going to their first competition tomorrow. I've never seen an indoor drumline perform, and I am really excited. Hopefully I can get some pictures. Hopefully.

Oh, here is a valentine's card I made for a challenge over at TallyScrapper .

It uses items almost exclusively from the February kit at Scrapbook Heaven! Let me tell you, if you were thinking about buying a kit or joining a kit club, try this one out. The kits have LOTS of stuff in them! Beautiful ribbons, lots of embellishments, and plenty of paper. I love love love the February kits. I highly recommend them.

And for Holly's challenge to use a color you don't normally use, I made this simple page using DCWV paper from their Music stack. If you have musical folks in your family, get this stack!
It has some really beautiful papers in it - in lots of different color families. Some of my favorite papers in the stack have shades of peach with black andwhite.


So, that's all the news that IS news, from me, anyway. Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Kristi B. said...

Yippeee...I am a winner! Thanks Wanda. :)
I LOVE your valentine's Day card!
I'm off to send you an e-mail with my contact info.